Police Officer 2-A
To provide a full range of police services by enforcing state, federal, and local laws and campus regulations through active foot patrols and mobile patrols.
$32,364.00 – $57,432.00 Annually
- Protects lives and property through active foot patrols and mobile patrols, enforcing laws, and investigating crimes.
- Provides first aid and emergency services.
- Investigates accidents, enforces parking and traffic regulations, and campus regulations.
- Conducts crime prevention and security programs, guard service, and directs traffic.
- Maintains logs of radio, telephone, and teletype activities and monitors alarm systems and other police radio frequencies.
- Operates police network computers and dispatches police officers in response to calls.
- One year of experience in law enforcement work.
- College training will substitute for the required experience on the basis of thirty semester hours for the year of experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have eighteenth birthday at time of application.
- An applicant who has been convicted of a felony or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
- May be required to possess a valid Louisiana driver's license at time of appointment.
- May be required to complete a Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) course.
- For some positions, evidence of POST certification must be submitted at the time of the application.
- May be required to qualify annually with a firearm.
- For some positions, applicant must be eligible for bond.