Police Officer 1A-3A (CPG)
$2,520.00 – $4,472.00 Monthly
10/16/2022 11:59 PM Central
The applicant selected will perform duties to carry out police and security activities for the Lake Charles Harbor and Terminal District’s (Port of Lake Charles) Harbor Police Department; Enforces Federal, State, and municipal laws as well as the rules and regulations of the District’s Tariff; Enforces Federal maritime laws and regulations under the guidance of the United States Coast Guard as mandated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Examples of Work
- Provides foot or mobile security patrol and enforces parking regulations.
- Responds to emergencies and renders assistance as required.
- Prepares reports on activities.
- Provides crowd and traffic control at special events; may be required to intervene in situations utilizing force if necessary to make an arrest, to restore order, prevent interference with normal operations or to protect persons or property.
- No experience or training is required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have attained eighteenth birthday at time of appointment.
- An applicant who has been convicted of a felony or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
- May be required to possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment.
- May be required to complete a Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) course.
- May be required to qualify annually with a firearm.
- For some positions, applicant must be eligible for bond.