Police Officer 1A, 2A, 3A (CPG)
$2,520.00 – $4,472.00 Monthly
9/25/2022 11:59 PM Central
Function of Work:
To protect lives and property by conducting foot and mobile security patrols; enforcing parking and traffic regulations; rendering emergency services; investigating minor crimes and making arrest when necessary. Provides a limited range of police services.
Examples of Work
- Provides foot or mobile security patrol and enforces parking regulations.
- Responds to emergencies and renders assistance as required.
- Prepares reports on activities.
- Provides crowd and traffic control at special events; may be required to intervene in situations utilizing force if necessary to make an arrest, to restore order, prevent interference with normal operations or to protect persons or property.
- No experience or training is required.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have attained eighteenth birthday at time of appointment.
- An applicant who has been convicted of a felony or who is under indictment on a felony charge will be disqualified until relief from the disabilities imposed by state and federal laws is granted.
- May be required to possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license at time of appointment.
- May be required to complete a Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) course.
- May be required to qualify annually with a firearm.
- For some positions, applicant must be eligible for bond.