Police Officer 1-A or 2-A
Open Until Filled
The incumbent in this position performs various commissioned law enforcement duties for the buildings,
parking lots and surrounding areas of the LSUHSC at New Orleans campus. The incumbent also assumes the responsibility of the highest supervisory officer during his/her tour of duty when no higher supervisory officer is on duty.
To provide a full range of police services by enforcing state, federal, and local laws and campus regulations through active foot patrols and mobile patrols.
- This is a Civil Service Position.
- This position requires applicants to take a Civil Service test. If you have not taken the 2100 PSE (Protective Services Exam) test and received a passing score, please contact Civil Service to take the test before applying.
- Pre-employment Physical, Drug testing and Criminal Background check are required.
- This position will require selected applicant to be in a probationary status for at least 6 months.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- experience in law enforcement work.
- College training will substitute for the required experience on the basis of thirty semester hours for the year of experience.