Police Investigator – NC
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
The Police Department is accepting applications for Police Investigators. A Police Investigator position is a civilian, at-will, part-time role assigned to work a limit of 960 or 1600 hours per year. The current recruitment is intended to fill department vacancies in the Investigations Bureau/Detectives Division, Support Bureau/Training Division/Background Investigation Section, and the Office of Chief of Police/ Internal Affairs Division.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent interview, communication, and writing skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to be fair, impartial and unbiased when conducting confidential investigations;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with information obtained during investigations.
These positions are open to all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience as a peace officer;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs Word and Excel;
- Valid California Class C operators license;
- Possession of a California POST Background Investigator Core Course Certificate is highly desirable, but not required;