Police Dispatcher (Lateral/Experienced)
Salary: $5,148.49 – $6,257.70 Monthly.
Under general supervision, to receive, evaluate, and transmit emergency and routine voice radio messages; dispatches required equipment and personnel in accordance with standard policies and procedures; maintain records; and perform related duties as required.
- Monitors radio receiver for all communications concerning police department and mutual aid radio channels.
- Maintains two-way radio communications with emergency cars and other emergency units on assignments.
- Maintains contact with all field personnel.
- Receives emergency and other-type messages, secures and records/logs all information regarding type of emergency or incident, exact location, and other pertinent information.
- Dispatches personnel and equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Keeps supervisor informed of general activities and emergency calls or situations.
- Maintains accurate records of requests for service and other departmental activities.
- May instruct other personnel in the techniques and use of the department’s communication equipment.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year experience in a law enforcement agency or Fire Department as an emergency call taker AND radio operator.
- Correct English usage; general office practices and procedures; customer service techniques.