Police Crime Analyst
Join our growing team and become a part of the buzz that is Peoria! If you are passionate about providing excellent service through anticipating our community’s needs, creating partnerships, promoting sustainability, and embracing diversity, then #PeoriaisthePlace for you!
Hiring Range: 49,903 to 73,731
Closing Date: Jan 26, 2020
The Crime Analyst position is a civilian position within the Police Department and performs the following tasks:
• Reviews daily crime activity and reports to identify correlations, series, patterns and trends
• Conducts research on criminal activity, criminals or suspects to assist investigations
• Collects, analyzes, interprets and integrates various quantitative and qualitative data (calls for service, incidents, productivity, geographic, community, etc.)
• Performs complex statistical and analytical research, develops related reports and materials
• Performs recurrent statistical reports as well as emergent requests
• Effectively communicates with all levels of agency
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in crime analysis and is proactive in problem-solving. Diverse experience in crime and intelligence analysis is well suited for this role. Adaptability to frequently change tasks, balance multiple priorities and maintain clear communication are critical skills. The ideal candidate is able to effectively manage time and resources to accomplish goals and objectives and is eager to advance the Department. This candidate is able to balance working independently with collaborating as a unit and has demonstrated experience building positive relationships. Advanced computer proficiency and skill in MS Excel are strongly desired. The ideal candidate has a passion for law enforcement and making a positive impact on the community, as well as a commitment to teamwork and delivering excellent customer service.