Police Commander – Operations
$137,931.00 – $181,508.00 Annually
10/5/2023 6:18 PM Pacific
The position contributes to the strategic planning and resource allocation of the department, staff development and training, development of policies and procedures, and the administration of the Department’s annual budget. Additionally, the Police Commander connects and collaborates with the community on issues of public trust and community safety. The Commanders share on-call responsibility, and will exchange responsibilities for the divisions of the department as directed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Police Science or related field.
- A minimum of six years of experience with the Issaquah Police Department; including three years in supervision
- 10 years of total experience with a law enforcement agency, including three years of supervision
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
- Must have current WA State law enforcement certification or ability to obtain law enforcement certificate of equivalency per State requirements, or the ability to obtain the WA State law enforcement certification within twelve months of hire.