Manages all aspects of the operation and administration of one or more major, integrated operating units within the UNM Police Department. Oversees and coordinates supervision of subordinate management and operating staff within the unit. Participates in the strategic planning and policy development for the unit, and represents the department to the University, other agencies, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduation from an accredited law enforcement academy.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certification/Licensure State of New Mexico Certified Law Enforcement Officer, or eligibility for Certification by waiver.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Prior experience with budget development and implementation.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Police Leadership development – FBI National Academy or Northwestern School of Police Staff and Command
- Experience in a campus policing environment.
- Experience in emergency management and safety preparedness in a campus environment.