Police Cadet I
$17.57 – $19.40 Hourly
DEFINITION OF THE POSITION
As a Police Cadet you will have the opportunity to assist our amazing Police Department staff with a wide variety of non-sworn duties in various Police Divisions, including investigations, traffic, crime lab, and/or administration. This is a great way to learn more about what Police work is all about and make an imprint on your community at the same time.
Examples of Duties
Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations to that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs a wide variety of routine to complex clerical duties to support departmental or divisional operations, including processing officers’ daily logs, filing, data entry, photocopying, film developing, and ordering supplies as needed.
- Checks in, delivers, and releases evidence.
- Prepares, mails, and processes alarm permit applications.
- Screens calls, visitors, and mail; assists public at front counter and directs public to appropriate locations and/or staff; learns and assists in interpreting and applying regulations, policies, procedures, systems, rules, and precedents in response to inquiries and complaints from the public; directs callers to appropriate City staff as necessary.
- Maintains and arranges activities and events as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must be high school seniors, or, enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in a field applicable to law enforcement. All students must have at least a 2.0 grade point average (GPA), and if in college, must maintain a minimum of 12 units per semester to be considered for, and to continue with, employment in the Police Cadet position.
Licenses and Certifications:
Possession of a valid California driver license by time of hire, auto insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.