Police Cadet (currently attending an academy)
Under general supervision, performs law enforcement and crime prevention activities, controls traffic flow, enforces State and local traffic regulations, participates in career development, special assignments and performs related work as required.
$72,904.00 – $109,876.00 Annually
• Responds to situations involving in-progress or recent criminal activity to restore or maintain order and conducts in-depth investigations of criminal incidents.
• Reacts quickly and calmly in emergencies, make accurate assessments and take appropriate actions.
• Resolves conflicts of a potentially violent nature involving a wide variety of participants.
• Observes, reports, and follows up on conditions which pose potential threats to the public safety and health.
• Completes in a proper and thorough manner all assignments made by competent authority.
• Provides counseling, referral, and follow-up services to resolve domestic and civil crises.
• Takes an active role in promoting police community relations and crime prevention programs.
• Investigates and acts on State and City traffic enforcement.
• Provides rescue and first aid services as needed, in keeping with appropriate training
• Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
The San Luis Obispo Police Department will be holding a continuous recruitment for current openings and anticipated retirements of long-standing employees. The department is seeking candidates who are progressive, engaged, and willing to dedicate themselves to the City of San Luis Obispo.
Lateral candidates with POST certification, recent academy graduates, or those currently enrolled in a police academy are encouraged to apply. Applications will be received on a continuous basis. Based on the information contained on the application form, resume, POST certificates, proof of enrollment in a California POST academy, etc., the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an oral interview and a physical agility test.