Salary: $15.69 Hourly.
Closing Date: 3/1/2024.
Vacancies are in the Police Department. Under direct supervision, attends in-service and academic police training courses. Assists police officers and civilian personnel in the performance of a wide variety of police functions. May operate a police vehicle on a non-emergency basis.
- Duties vary from routine to difficult, including operation of standard office machines;
- Preparation of reports and maintenance of records;
- Directing traffic at schools and other intersections;
- Operating photography and finger printing equipment for identification purposes;
- Operating radio communication and teletype equipment; assisting in Juvenile and Community Relations units in work with youth;
- Receiving complaints, taking statements, and referring all data to sworn officers for necessary follow-up;
- Assisting in investigative work by interviewing persons in headquarters or the field, tracing missing persons and recovering lost or stolen property;
- Performs related work as required.
- Must be minimally 17 years old and preferably no greater than 20 years old at the time of application, but must be a minimum of 18 years old at the time of appointment.
- Must possess a High School Diploma from an accredited high school or GED from a state approved program. A copy of your High School Diploma, GED Certificate, or transcript must be submitted with your application.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or obtain a valid State of Connecticut driver’s license within 45 days of appointment. Failure to obtain a State of Connecticut Driver’s license within 45 days of appointment will result in an administrative separation from employment. A copy of your valid Driver’s License or State Identification card must be submitted with your application.
- Must be a bona-fide resident of the City of Hartford at the time of application and maintain Hartford Residency through the Police Cadet Program.
- Must pass a thorough medical examination.
- Without correction, not less than 20/100 in each eye; with correction not less than 20/30 in each eye. The candidate must have color vision and depth perception, binocular vision, distance and near vision (with lenses) must be 20/30 or better in each eye.