The City of Grants Pass is looking to fill part-time Police Cadet positions within the Police Department. The Police Cadet is a non-sworn position. Those hired will provide non-emergency support to the police division by enforcing Municipal Code within the Central Business District (CBD) and public parks. Duties include patrol of the CBD and City park areas on foot or bicycle, enforcement of city ordinances and response to requests for information and/or assistance from the public.
- Enforce rules, regulations and ordinances by giving verbal or written warnings and issuing citations as appropriate for violations within the Cadet level of authority.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Alert the Police division to the presence of hazardous situations and criminal activity.
- Assist in preliminary first aid for sick or injured persons and summon help for more seriously injured persons.
- Assist in departmental community policing activities.
A High School Diploma or GED is required. Current high school students who meet the age requirement of the position, will meet the education requirement with proof of ability to obtain a diploma or GED at or before the end of the school year. Related coursework and/or experience in criminal justice or a related field is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those in the job description.
- Oregon Driver's License- Class C
- Law Enforcement Data Systems Certificate will be required within 60 days of appointment