Police Academy Trainee
$48,672.00 – $52,000.00 Annually
Under supervision, to receive Police Officer basic academy training in a wide variety of law enforcement assignments; to perform non-sworn duties as required in a training, Police Department, or field setting; to perform other academy related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Illustrative Only)
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations where appropriate so qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Receive training in providing general law enforcement and public service duties;*
- Participate in academic tasks and testing activities;*
- Participate in review and observation activities conducted at the academy or in the field;*
- Participate in physical training and testing activities;*
- May perform non-sworn office or field based work as needed in the Police Department or in the field;*
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
High school graduation or equivalent.