Police Academy Trainee
The City of Orange is looking for dedicated men and women who want to make a difference in the community they serve by becoming a member of one of the best Police Departments in Orange County. The successful candidate will demonstrate through their education and experience, a desire for a career as a Police Officer.
Salary: $66,492.00 Annually
How to Prepare for the Written Test
Applicants take the POST Entry-Level Law Enforcement Test Battery (PELLETB) exam. The PELLETB is a 2-hour test which includes 105 questions. Learn how to prepare for the PELLETB Police Exam.
- In training to do the following duties upon graduation from the Police Academy: Under supervision, performs law enforcement and crime prevention duties;
- enforces city, county and state laws;
- patrols assigned areas; responds to calls for protection of life and property; conducts preliminary investigations of matters involving possible violations of law;
- investigates criminal cases;
- directs and controls traffic flow; stops violators;
- warns against unlawful practices, issues citations, testifies in court;
- prepares and submits reports;
- inspects business premises;
- investigates suspicious persons and circumstances;
- gives information and directions to the public;
- reviews case records and reports;
- collects and identifies evidence;
- apprehends and arrests criminal law violators;
- enforces parking regulations;
- attends training assignments and target practice;
- performs other related duties as required.
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent.
2. Candidates must be a United States citizen at time of appointment.
3. At least 20 years of age at time of application and at least 21 years of age at time of appointment.
4. Possession of a valid California Class "C" drivers license with good driving record.