Patrol Detective Deputy
The Iron County Sheriff’s Office is looking to fill a Detective Deputy I position in the Patrol Division.
Performs a wide range of technical and professional law enforcement duties related to enforcement and investigations as needed to secure and maintain a safe environment for county citizens and to protect rights as established by federal, state, and local laws.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from High School or GED; plus, Graduation from (P.O.S.T.) Academy
- Five (5) years’ work history in the capacity of a certified Law Enforcement Officer
- Must pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must possess a valid State of Utah Driver’s License.
- Must hold a current LEO P.O.S.T Certification in the State of Utah.
- May work rotating shift work. May work on-call 24 hours. Must complete 40 hours of training per year to maintain certification.
Iron County offers a comprehensive benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vison, LTD and Life Insurance as well as participation in the Utah Retirement System.