Patrol Deputy Entry Level
Salary: $48.18 per hour.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Bureau is made of the Patrol Division, the Detective Division, and the Records Division. There are 72 commissioned deputy positions within the Law Enforcement Bureau. All new deputies will begin their career in the Patrol Division assigned to one of four patrol squads. Each patrol squad consists of a sergeant, a corporal, and five deputies. Deputies work 12 hours shifts and rotate from days to nights every eight weeks with their squad. The Patrol Division is responsible for 24-hour coverage of all areas within Benton County jurisdiction.
- Be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent residence.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid driver License.
- Be a high school graduate/GED.
- Have the ability to read and speak the English language.
- Benton County Sheriff’s Office Recruitment Standards.
- Vision Requirement: Must be able to meet the minimum standards for Membership in LEOFF retirement system.