Patrol Deputy (Entry level)
Salary: $57,616.00 Annually
Closing: 2/13/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
ARE YOU READY TO START A NEW CAREER?
The written and physical agility tests will be held the morning of
Wednesday, February 15th, 2023.
The oral board interview will be held the afternoon of Wednesday, February 15th, 2023 for all those who successfully complete the written and physical agility tests. Please come prepared to participate in an interview.
We are now accepting applications for Entry Patrol Deputies:
- $27.70 per hour to start (includes .50 shift differential)
- Extensive paid training.
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 12.28% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month. Comprehensive benefits package.
- Do you have student loan debt? This position is Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible allowing employees who qualify 100% student loan forgiveness.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Rewarding and meaningful work, providing a necessary service to your community
- No need to travel for academy training. POST Basic Patrol Academy offered locally.
- Ongoing paid educational and training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Special teams opportunities: SWAT, K9, Dive Team, Range, Traffic Investigation Team, Back Country Patrol and more
- Take home cars upon the successful completion of the Field Training Program
- Kootenai County Sworn Officer Matrix
- On-The-Job Training and Apprenticeship Certified Employer (Download PDF reader) for qualified military veterans
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED? No college degree required.
- Do you have at least 24 months of work experience?
- Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable?
- Are you at least 21 years old?
Please view the automatic disqualifiers for working with the Sheriff’s Office before applying.
View the full job description
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR APPLYING: We are looking for individuals with the character to be completely truthful in their application materials. During every stage of the process please list accurate information in your responses. Information which is omitted or minimized can disqualify you before we have the opportunity to meet you. If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please do not hesitate to call, we look forward to speaking with you.
Connect with the Sheriff’s Office recruiting team at KCSOrecruit@kcgov.us any time before or after your initial testing. We are here to answer your questions.
KCSO Recruiting Team
Marcia Heglie, Personnel Administrator
email@example.com or (208) 446-1306
firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)446-1304
Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 171,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. Learn more about living in Kootenai County.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.kcgov.us. Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent random drug tests. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Polygraph Examination, Psychological Evaluation and Medical Examination.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace