Patrol Deputy – Basic
$27.68 – $35.35 Hourly
Position enforces the laws of this state and county and provides the residents of the county with full range of law enforcement and related social services on demand, as prescribed by Oregon law, county ordinance, and judicial precedent.
Enforce the laws of this state and county; provide service of court documents; enforce traffic laws; operate emergency response vehicles; stop vehicles and pedestrians for enforcement of state traffic and criminal laws; inspect vehicles; serve arrest and search warrants; effect the arrest of suspects; write reports; read and interpret legal document decisions; use a computer; as required, use a firearm and such non-lethal weaponry with a high degree of accuracy; and operate two-way radio system under normal and stressful conditions. Requires regular and consistent attendance.
The Sheriff’s Office Requires the Following Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age by the time of certification
- Must be a United States citizen or be one within eighteen (18) months of hire.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED certificate of high school equivalency.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license. Applicants for this position must meet the requirements of the County’s Driving Policy. Must be free from convictions of crime other than minor traffic violations.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background investigation.
- Must pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment physical assessment and psychological evaluation. Accommodation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation.
- Must successfully pass a post offer pre- employment drug test.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have fingerprints filed with the State.