We’re Hiring Now… Apply Today!
- Full Time
- FY2022 Wages > $30.08-$33.69 per hour DOE
- Grave and Swing Shift Differentials
- Specialty Pay
- Bilingual Pay
- Instructor and Trainer Pay
- Narcotics Enforcement Team Pay
- Certification Incentives
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Rotating Schedules including days, nights, and weekends
- Full Benefits
- Good Character and clean background are required
- Accepting Entry Level and Lateral Applicants.
The men and women assigned to the Blaine County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Teams perform the most visible and recognizable functions at the Sheriff’s Office. Our County Patrol Team can be seen patrolling all the unincorporated areas of Blaine County. Our Ketchum Patrol Team is responsible for patrolling inside the City of Ketchum limits. Patrol Officers are commonly seen in their roles of traffic enforcement or responding to a citizen’s call for assistance. You will find them behind the wheel of their patrol vehicle, looking for a lost child, aiding the victim of a crime, on scene at an accident or fire.
They investigate, interview, and perform numerous duties to make our community and streets safer. Blaine County Patrol Deputies must respond to and successfully handle a very large variety of calls. Patrol Deputies attend the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy for 15 weeks, complete an extensive in-house 17 week FTO program and receive annual specialized training.
Patrol Deputy Qualifications
- Meet all Minimum Hiring Standards
- Be a U.S. Citizen and at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Idaho Drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Pass a Written Basic Skills Test
- Pass a background investigation and oral board interviews
- Pass all medical, hearing, sight, and polygraph examinations