This is a full-time, sworn, shift position, with the uniformed patrol division. This job requires multi-tasking in essential duties that includes protecting the city’s residents and property; proactive patrol; answering calls-for-service; traffic control and enforcement; traffic collision investigation; community policing programs and other duties as assigned. Licensed Texas Peace Officers and currently enrolled academy cadets who will graduate by the projected start date are eligible.
2/26/2021 11:59 AM Central
• Patrol as assigned, by vehicle, or by foot, to prevent crimes and enforce laws and ordinances, and to protect citizens and property.
• Direct and escort traffic, operate traffic radar, issue citations, and investigate traffic accidents.
• Chase, apprehend, and process persons suspected of criminal acts.
• Respond to emergency and routine calls for service and other line tasks as may be assigned.
• Take initial criminal investigations reports and complete follow-up as assigned.
• Collect evidence from crime scenes, maintaining chain of custody.
• Issue citations, warnings and make custody arrests.
• May work in special programs as assigned.
• Keep records of activities and make reports concerning crimes, complaints, accidents and investigations.
• Coordinate prosecution with District and County Attorneys as required, and make court appearances when required.
• Share information and work with other law enforcement agencies as directed and appropriate.
• When not on duty, may maintain scheduled on-call status for major event response.
• May be assigned to attend civic and related functions in a public relations role.
• Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Basic Police Academy Graduate and current passing score on Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) exam.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must possess a Peace Officer License issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) and hold a Valid Texas Class C driver license