NSA Police Officer
Closing date: 07/13/2022
Salary: $54,261 – $116,788 per year
The National Security Agency (NSA) has a current and ongoing requirement for personnel to serve as Full-time officers with the NSA Police on its complexes at Fort Meade, Maryland. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for these exciting and highly dynamic positions offering unlimited career growth, exceptional training, and the opportunity to serve your country as an employee of one of the most unique and respected Agencies in the Federal government.
NSA Police Officers provide armed and uniformed security, force protection, and law enforcement functions in support of NSA’s mission, assets, personnel, and facilities headquartered in and around Fort Meade. The NSA Police Force is an integral part of the NSA Security and Counterintelligence organization, which provides NSA worldwide counterintelligence, personnel, and facilities security support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE NSA POLICE INCLUDE:
– Counterterrorism & Force Protection
– Pedestrian and vehicular access control
– Response and mitigation of security, medical, and fire emergencies
– Critical incident management
– Enforcement of laws and regulations relative to the protection of NSA assets
– Vehicle, facility, and material security inspections
– Firearms training and range management
– Patrol of NSA property
Conditions of Employment
Applicants selected for further processing will be scheduled for the National Police Officer Selection Test (POST), NSA Police Physical Ability Test (PAT) and an Operational Interview. The PAT is included as part of the applicant process as it is a required element of the training. The PAT consists of:
– 19 Push-Ups within 2 minutes
– 1.5 mile run within 17 minutes and 30 seconds
Applicants who successfully complete the initial testing may be extended a conditional offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of security and medical screenings, as follows:
– Medical/psychological screening by NSA medical staff.
– Full field background investigation and polygraph testing.
Applicants selected for the position will have to successfully complete:
– A Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) accredited basic academy program