NSA Police Officer
SALARY: Members of NSA’s Police Force enjoy a starting salary of $54,261.
The National Security Agency (NSA) has a current and ongoing requirement for personnel to serve as Full-time officers with the NSA Police on its complexes at Fort Meade, Maryland. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for these exciting and highly dynamic positions offering unlimited career growth, exceptional training, and the opportunity to serve your country as an employee of one of the most unique and respected Agencies in the Federal government.
Only the highest caliber individuals qualify for these selected positions. At a minimum, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
– Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
– Unquestionable loyalty to the United States and sound moral character as established by a comprehensive Federal Special Background Investigation (to include a polygraph).
– Issues that could disqualify an applicant from consideration include, but are not limited to, whether the applicant has engaged in serious criminal activity, recent illegal drug use, a history of adverse employment actions to include absenteeism and termination, or significant credit problems such as recent bankruptcies.
– This position requires the carrying of an Agency-issued firearm. The Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended, and applicable implementing regulations prohibit the NSA from issuing a firearm or ammunition to anyone who has a record of having been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence. Applicants who have been convicted of such a crime are not eligible to be considered for this position.
– At least 21 years of age.
– Excellent physical condition.
– Must meet DoD vision standards for law enforcement occupations.
– Must meet DoD hearing standards for law enforcement occupations.
– Must be willing to work outdoors, shift-work, weekends, holidays, and overtime, under strenuous and potentially dangerous conditions.
– Possess a valid state driver’s license.
– Entry is with a high school diploma or GED and no experience.