MTA Certified Police Officer
Department: Maryland Transit Administration
Maryland Transit Administration
MTA Certified Police Officer
(MPCTC certification required)
MTA IS A MEMBER OF LEOPS (LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS PENSION SYSTEMS)
ATTRACTIVE RETIREMENT AND BENEFIT PACKAGE PROVIDED
This position is available only to persons who possess current certification as a Police Officer from the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission (MPTC)
(APPLICANTS CANNOT APPLY ONLINE)
The Maryland Transit Administration is seeking SWORN POLICE OFFICERS to join its existing force serving MTA Bus, Metro, Light Rail and MARC Train/Commuter Bus systems.
- Must pass an oral interview;
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be of good moral character/reputation and emotionally stable as determined by comprehensive background investigation, to include work history and criminal records check, polygraph examination, and psychological evaluation.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as determined by medical examination, drug and alcohol screening, and physical agility testing.
- Must successfully meet the requirements of minimum standards of training as mandated by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission and able to work variable shifts.
AGE/CITIZENSHIP: At least 21 years of age and a citizen of the United States
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a GED certificate recognized by the State of Maryland.
The following must be submitted with your application:
- A copy of your current certification card (If currently employed as a Maryland Police Officer).
- A recent copy (not over 30 days) of your total driving record (NOT 36 MONTHS). Available from MVA.
- Copy of your high school diploma or GED certificate from an accredited institution.
- Copy of your Maryland Driver's License.
If you were previously certified as a Police Officer in Maryland, you must be able to be recertified within 3 years of separation from the previous department/agency the certification was with. The Maryland Transit Administration will verify certification with the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
Licenses & Certifications
This position requires a valid driver's license to legally operate a motor vehicle in the State of Maryland
A complete driving record is required; driving record must be within MTA standards (no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years; no more than 3 moving violations in the past 5 years; and no more than 4 current points.
Must posses a current Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission (MPCTC) certification as a Police Officer. Or, if you were previously certified as a Police Officer in Maryland, you must be able to be recertified within 3 years of separation from the previous department/agency the certification was with. The Maryland Transit Administration will verify certification with the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
- Employee must be able to work 40 hours per week and must be able to work variable shifts, evenings, holidays, and weekends base on the needs of the Maryland Transit Administration.
- Employees in this classification are subject to pre-employment drug testing and substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations 49-Federal Department of Transportation Drug Alcohol Testing Protocols and Federal Transit Administration Alcohol Testing Rules, and Transportation Code of Maryland Regulations 11.02.11, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.