Metropolitan Police Recruit
HIS JOB POSTING IS FOR APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT RESIDE ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU. IF YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE ON OAHU, PLEASE APPLY TO THE JOB POSTING TITLED “METROPOLITAN POLICE RECRUIT (ON-ISLAND APPLICANT).”
Receives intensive classroom and field training in principles, practices, procedures and techniques of police work which prepares the recruit to perform the duties of a police officer including the detection, apprehension and arrest of suspects and use of firearms. Recruits are also required to pass a rigorous fitness testing program. Must be able to work irregular hours, holidays, shift and weekend work. Exposure to hazardous and obnoxious conditions.
After 12 months of satisfactory service as a Metropolitan Police Recruit, recruits are eligible to become a Metropolitan Police Officer, $5,575 per month (PO-07, Step A), plus $658.67 per month, Standard of Conduct Differential.
• 20 years of age (21 years of age by graduation from the Police Academy)
• High School Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
• Possession of a valid motor vehicle driver's license (type 3/automobile)
• US Citizen, US National, or Legal Permanent Resident (green card holder)
• Must be able to meet Federal and State eligibility requirements to possess firearms (no felony convictions; no misdemeanor convictions for domestic violence, other violent crimes, or illegal drug sales).