Maryland State Police Cadet
HR ANALYST: Stephanie Allen
- Anne Arundel
- Baltimore City
- Baltimore County
- Prince George’s
- Queen Anne’s
- St. Mary’s
- Washington County
APPLICANTS WISHING TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION ARE REQUIRED TO USE INTERNET EXPLORER, OTHER BROWSERS ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
Questions pertaining to the Cadet position or process should be directed to the Maryland State Police Recruitment and Selection Unit.
firstname.lastname@example.org< or by phone at 410-653-4348.
The Maryland State Police has a unique, unclassified position available to young men and women – State Police Cadet. Cadet applicants must be 18 years of age and a high school graduate (or equivalent) to be considered for employment.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is a state-wide position. While Maryland State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division will take county residency into account, assignment will depend on manpower.
Selected applicants must be willing to work in any county in Maryland.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The main purpose of this position is to expose young men and women to the various duties and responsibilities of Maryland State Troopers and to better prepare them to become Troopers when they reach the age of 21.
Cadets are assigned to perform duties that do not require police authority. They are generally assigned to the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division. Cadets will be assigned to work under the supervision of a Trooper at a truck inspection station or on patrol.
- Age - Cadet applicants may complete the application process at the age of 17, but cannot be appointed or begin working until he reaches the age of 18. Cadet Applicants must be appointed before reaching 20 years of age.
- Residency - Applicants do not need to be a Maryland resident to process. However, they must become a Maryland resident on the date of appointment as cadet
- Must have a high school diploma or a G.E.D. (Cadet Applicants may begin the application process in the final year of high school)
- Must possess a valid Driver's License in any state and a satisfactory driving record, current driving record cannot exceed 3 points, in the event you exceed this requirement please wait to apply until you are at or below 3 points
- Must be in excellent physical condition
- Binocular visual acuity must be 20/20 with or without correction
- Have a good reputation and sound moral character
- Not have any current court orders relating to domestic violence
- Be truthful in every stage of the application process
An individual is ineligible for initial certification as a trooper or cadet if the individual has: Illegally used a controlled dangerous substance, narcotic drug, or marijuana for any purpose within the 3 years before application for certification.