Law Enforcement Officer (part-time checkpoint officer)
Benefits: $5000. Life Insurance Policy
Employment Type: Year-Round – Part Time
Department: 6000 Law Enforcement
- Graduation from high school and completion of Basic Law Enforcement Training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; at least five years of law enforcement experience.
- Considerable knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and FAA requirements.
- Knowledge of law enforcement principles, practices, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of scientific crime detection and criminal identification methods and procedures.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other law enforcement equipment and in the application of self-defense tactics.
- Ability to act with sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Ability to present effective court testimony.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and effective public relations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and other public officials.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic functions of climbing stairs, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform medium work due to the officer being required to stand and walk for several hours at a time.
- Must have physical abilities to pursue and apprehend suspects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to distinguish details and differences when observing people and property at the checkpoints.