Law Enforcement Officer/Corporal/Sr. Corporal
Under immediate supervision, develops proficiency through formal training and ongoing on the job experience. Performs routine assigned tasks from detailed instructions and established policies and procedures. Performs physical security functions, enforces Federal Reserve policies/regulations, and applicable federal laws to protect Bank staff and assets. Responds to incidents on Bank property and provides emergency services. This position is an essential function of the Bank and may require extended work hours and/or work during emergency or crisis situations.
- Maintains designation required to operate as a law enforcement officer pursuant to the authority given the Board of Governors by Section 11 (q) of the Federal Reserve Act and the Uniform Regulations for Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officers. Meets minimum requirements of all department standards and training requirements
- Develops, demonstrates and maintains proficiency in all aspects of key responsibilities such as: operating policies, weapons (lethal and non-lethal), physical security equipment, first aid and CPR, firefighting techniques, civil disorders, and public relations. Must exhibit spontaneous sound/reasonable judgment over life safety issues, the discrete handling of detected weapons and/or explosive devices and the proper handling of sensitive information and incidents.
- Performs security and safety related duties. Patrols building/grounds and reports unusual situations or unauthorized individuals, responds to alarm conditions and provides emergency services. Monitors surveillance equipment, intercoms, telephones, radios, and other specialized equipment. Monitors Bank departments for safety or security violations and reports findings to department management. Prepares appropriate shift reports, incidents reports and other required paperwork as necessary.
- Controls pedestrian and vehicle access to the facility through use of screening equipment to detect unauthorized items prior to entry to Bank property. Inspects vehicles entering security sensitive areas for unauthorized personnel or contents. Monitors and authorizes visitors accessing Bank facilities and records visitor data on appropriate logs.
- On an as needed basis may conduct initial investigations into accidents and incidents, make proper notifications, and performs follow up duties as directed by supervisor. Could be needed to testify in court in response to a subpoena regarding accidents or incidents.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Less than 2 years
- Knowledge Area/Technical Skills/Certifications and Licenses:
- Basic Law Enforcement
- Microsoft Applications