Lateral Police Trainee
$47,335 – $69,935/year based on years of service.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is a highly respected law enforcement agency, both in our community and nationally. Our progressive department provides exciting opportunities for law enforcement professionals to develop partnerships with our citizens in order to prevent the next crime, and to enhance the quality of life within our community always treating people with fairness and respect. The department employs nearly 2,000 sworn officers and over 500 civilians serving a jurisdiction with close to 1 million people. Our employees are men and women from diverse backgrounds interested in meeting the needs of and serving an equally diverse community. The men and women of the CMPD are committed to providing the very best service possible and maintaining the high level of confidence this community has in us.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is looking to recruit in-state and out-of-state lateral Police Officers. We are looking for outstanding certified, sworn law enforcement officers to add to our ranks.
We are interested in officers who exhibit integrity, professionalism and dedication to bring their skills and experience to service the citizens of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.
Experience such as: Federal Law Enforcement, Corrections Officer, Probation Officer, Park Ranger, Security Officer, Detention Officer, Jailer, College and Campus Security, etc., as determined by our department, will not be considered.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess essential skills related to written & oral communication, critical thinking, and problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to work with diverse community
- Complete reports and provide testimony in court
- Work with community leaders and members on crime reduction projects
- Assist in developing crime reduction programs upon becoming Police Officer
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Be U.S. Citizen
- Possess or have ability to obtain valid NC or SC Driver’s License
- Have not committed or been convicted of any Felony offense or serious Misdemeanor offense
- Have not committed or been convicted of DWI or DUI during preceding five years
- Pass entry level written examination
- Pass entry level physical ability test
- Must be able to wear a gas mask and pass an OSHA fit test
- Pass extensive background investigation
- Honorable Military Discharge, if applicable
- Be approved by Civil Service Board
- Normal Color Vision
- Minimum corrected visual acuity of 20/30 binocularly
- Pass pre-employment Drug Screening Test