Lateral Police Officer/Police Officer I/Police Recruit
The Hayden Police Department is accepting applications from qualified individuals for the following positions:
Police Officer I. The starting wage range for Police Officer I is $24.62/hr-$31.38/hr. +DOQ plus excellent benefit package. Applicants must be 21 years of age, hold a valid CO Driver’s License and have a High School diploma or equivalent, college preferred. Colorado Peace Officer Certification (P.O.S.T.) is required before hire date for Police Officer I.
Police Officer Recruit. The starting wage is 19.18/hr plus excellent benefit package. Police Officer Recruit must pass the Colorado POST Academy and the required POST Testing in addition to all the other requirements of Police Officer I.
Applicants must have no prior felony convictions and pass an extensive screening and background investigation. This position involves shift work, high stress and public contact.
May be assigned to the Patrol Division and required to perform the following essential job functions:
1. Patrol assigned district(s) within the corporate limits to deter illegal activities and to protect and preserve the safety and security of individuals, buildings, neighborhoods and district(s).
2. Responds to dispatch calls and investigates citizen complaints and reported breaches of the peace including crimes in progress, crimes discovered after the fact, disturbances, accidents, etc.
3. Performs preliminary investigations at crime scenes, traffic accident scenes, disturbances, etc., to preserve and/or collect physical evidence, to diagram or photograph scenes, to obtain witness and/or suspect statements necessary for the reporting of circumstances and facts of incidents, for the charging of suspects with offenses, and necessary for follow-up investigations of incidents.
4. May establish traffic surveillance to observe and apprehend violators of traffic ordinances and statutes.
5. Prepares citations and summonses necessary to charge individuals with violations of ordinances, statutes and laws including petty, misdemeanor and felonious offenses.
6. May make arrests and take suspects into custody including the reading of rights, search, booking, and transport of individuals to holding and jailing facilities.
7. Appears in municipal, county and district courts to offer testimony relative to the investigation and charging of individuals with non-criminal and criminal offenses.
8. Prepares a variety of routine and non-routine reports and records necessary information for the reporting of specific criminal and non-criminal incidents, etc.
9. Offers assistance to citizens of and visitors to Hayden including the giving of directions and information, calling for vehicular roadside assistance, locating lost children, etc.
10. Inspects patrol vehicle, operates vehicle under routine and emergency conditions.