Lateral Patrol Deputies
Salary: $51,396.80 – $69,888.00 Annually
Job Number: 2020-00074
Closing: 10/28/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
“The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office has a distinguished history as one of the premier law enforcement agencies in the State of Idaho. We tenaciously cultivate our long history of being just and fair, as well as a good steward of the public’s time and resources. I invite you to submit your application and join us in our rich tradition of excellence” – Sheriff Ben Wolfinger
Written and physical agility tests will be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
*If you are currently working as a peace officer, the written test will be waived.
*If you have been laid off as a result of any ‘defunding’ program in the last 90 days,
the written test will be waived.
Oral Boards will be held on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
In order to establish an eligibility list, we are now accepting applications from Lateral Patrol Deputies only:
- $24.71 – $33.60 per hour to start (includes .50 shift differential)
- Extensive paid training.
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 12.28% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month. Comprehensive benefits package.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Rewarding and meaningful work, providing a necessary service to your community
- Ongoing paid educational and training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Special teams opportunities: SWAT, K9, Dive Team, Range, Traffic Investigation Team, Back Country Patrol and more
- Kootenai County Sworn Officer Matrix
- On-The-Job Training and Apprenticeship Certified Employer (Download PDF reader) for qualified military veterans
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Meet all of the minimum requirements as an entry level applicant
- Have a High School Diploma or GED? No college degree required.
- Have a minimum of twenty-four (24) months experience as a Patrol Deputy/Officer
- Have successfully completed a Basic POST Academy and are a certified Peace Officer
- Possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable
- Be at least 21 years old
Please view the automatic disqualifiers for working with the Sheriff’s Office before applying.
View the full job description.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR APPLYING: We are looking for individuals with the character to be completely truthful in their application materials. During every stage of the process please list accurate information in your responses. Information which is omitted or minimized can disqualify you before we have the opportunity to meet you. If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please do not hesitate to call, we look forward to speaking with you.
Connect with the Sheriff’s Office recruiting team at KCSOrecruit@kcgov.us any time before or after your initial testing. We are here to answer your questions.
KCSO Recruiting Team
Marcia Heglie, Personnel Administrator
firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 446-1306
Human Resources (208) 446-1640
Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 150,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. With a low crime rate and cost of living that is below the national average and significantly less than in larger cities, it is an ideal place to call home. Learn more about living in Kootenai County.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.kcgov.us . Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent random drug tests. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Polygraph Examination, Psychological Evaluation and Medical Examination.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace