Closing date: 10/24/2022
Salary: $47,216 – $75,083 per year
Under the general direction of a Supervisory Agent in Charge, the incumbent conducts and completes wide variety of types of investigations primarily involving Federal personnel security operations. This is a training level position and assignments are routine, but as knowledge of the work is gained, investigative assignments with increasing amount of independence will be given.
This position may be filled at either GG-07 or GG-09 grade level, please indicate the grade for which you want to be considered. Incumbent may be advanced non-competitively to the established target grade upon meeting developmental benchmarks, performance requirements, and other requirements, as applicable established for the career program or specifically for the incumbent.
As an INVESTIGATOR you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with conducting Federal Personnel Background Investigations, many of which are sensitive or controversial, where allegations, hearsay information, or other vague or intangible information of an adverse nature exist.
- Evaluate individual’s trustworthiness for access to classified information, placement in a sensitive position, retention in the military services, or placement in Federal employment.
- Assist with collecting and developing information from a variety of sources.
- Prepare reports of investigation in accordance with DOD guidelines and instructions.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US citizen
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. For more information http://www.sss.gov
- Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
- This is a Drug Testing designated position
- Position is a (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under U.S.C. 1601
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible