The City of Champaign seeks qualified candidates for a career opportunity as an Intelligence Analyst in the Police Department.
Salary $51,476.00 – $65,714.00 Annually
Closing 2/25/2018 11:59 PM Central
This position receives, gathers and analyzes information of a confidential nature to prepare comprehensive analytical reports. This position will use criminal intelligence analytical techniques and geographic information systems (GIS) to draw conclusions regarding patterns of crime and criminal offenders and to provide recommendations for investigative strategies. This position will assist law enforcement internally and other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
• Associate's degree.
• Ability to perform technical report writing.
• Familiarity with geographic information systems (GIS).
• Ability to maintain confidential information and comply with privacy laws and requirements.
• Ability to effectively utilize social media applications to monitor and detect criminal activity and establish criminal associations.
• Skills to respond courteously and informatively to requests for services, information and problems of concerns.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
• Experience in a criminal justice-related field.
• Coursework in law enforcement or criminal justice.
• Experience in data analytics.
• Ability to become L.E.A.D.S. certified within one year.