IL Certified Lateral Police Officer
The North Aurora Police Department, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking Illinois certified, experienced lateral transfer officers and applications are now available.
The North Aurora Police Department has an authorized strength of 32 sworn officers, with two current openings, and we are interested in hiring as soon as possible. Women & minorities are encouraged to apply.
The North Aurora Police Department provides policing services to approx. 19,500 residents within our 10 square mile community. The department is proactive, working aggressively and consistently to identify and resolve problems and other issues to improve the quality of life within our community. We are a community policing department, hold many public events which are intended to build relationships with the community, and we have great support from our residents. Internally, we are a very family-friendly workplace.
Our staffing includes a chief of police, 2 deputy chiefs, 5 sergeants, 20 patrol officers, 1 crime prevention officer, 2 investigators, 1 investigator/school resource officer, and 2 full-time & 2 part-time records specialists. Most officers have secondary assignments so you can develop additional skills. Our patrol officers are not “just a patrol officer;” they are also firearms, taser, & defensive tactics instructors. They are evidence techs, field training officers, SWAT team members, crisis intervention team members, and more! See the linked flyer below for more secondary assignments that are available. View the full informational flyer here: https://northaurora.org/departments/police/employment.aspx
North Aurora Offers:
- Starting salary of $76,615 (Step 4). Top pay after June 1, 2021 is $94,786 (Step 8);
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance plans, retirement savings, pension plan;
- Patrol currently works 12 hour shifts with every other Friday, Saturday & Sunday off.
- Be a municipal police officer, county sheriff’s deputy, or Illinois state trooper in good standing for at least two years.
- Be currently certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board
- Possess substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a current North Aurora Police Officer.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Reside within a 25-mile radius of the village limits within 18-month probationary period.
Candidates must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, polygraph exam, psychological exam, medical exam, and drug screening prior to getting hired.
Applications are available at the North Aurora Police Department located at 200 S. Lincolnway, North Aurora or online at https://northaurora.org/departments/police/employment.aspx
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off or mailed to 200 S. Lincolnway, North Aurora, IL 60542. Applications will be accepted until the position are filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer