Full-Time Police Officer
City of Sunbury is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer.
Deadline for submission is August 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM.
Starting Salary dependent on experience $45,760-$53,000.
Excellent health and pension benefit package offered.
OBJECTIVE: To perform general police work in accordance with departmental rules, regulations, and policies of the Sunbury Police Department. Patrol Officers in the absence of a supervisor of higher rank which involves assigning and reviewing work of patrol officers and performing administrative duties when directed by the Chief of Police and or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Be a Citizen of the United States of America.
- Be at least 21 years or older.
- Receive a passing score on the physical agility, written and oral examinations.
- Submit to a polygraph, pre-employment examination, drug screening and extensive background and credit check.
- Must have and be able to maintain current Act 120 certification.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED