FBI Police Officer
The FBI is looking for Police Officers who want to apply their skills to the world’s premier law enforcement agency. In fact, we’re seeking qualified candidates from a variety of personal backgrounds and professional disciplines who are committed to combating crime and terrorism while protecting the American public.
As an FBI Police Officer you will:
• Provide public safety by maintaining order, respond to emergencies, protect people and property, enforce motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promote good community relations.
• Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
• Identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts.
• Investigate traffic accidents and other accidents to determine causes and to determine if a crime has been committed.
• Record facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
• Check for proper identification of pedestrian and vehicular traffic prior to admittance to secure space at Stationary posts. Provide screening of vehicles for the detection of explosive devices.
• Respond to a variety of alarm situations, protect and safeguard information and material affecting national security and defense and protects people and their civil rights from a wide variety of dangerous and hostile situations
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must be able to attend and pass the Police Officer Selection System (POSS) written test and panel interview. Applicant will be responsible for all travel expenses associated with travel to and from the testing location.
• Must be able to pass a U.S. Government physical exam
• Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver’s license
• Must become proficient in the use of a firearm and various other weapon system
• Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance
• Selectee will be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Form
• Must attend and complete training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
• Must adhere to a service agreement starting from the effective date of their appointment as an FBI Police Officer
• Must be willing to work nights/weekends/holidays (shift work)