Experienced Police Officer/Police Recruit
This is work as a trainee in classroom and in-service activities in the police service. Under immediate supervision, participates in classroom instruction and field training in police techniques and practices. Work is reviewed by written and practical examinations and by observation for suitability for public safety work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- If certification as a Peace Officer has not been issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE): attends recruit training courses providing classroom and field instruction in basic police procedures, techniques and laws including lectures, practical demonstrations and participation in courses covering areas such as patrol science and criminal investigation, criminal and traffic laws and airport ordinances, use of weapons, preparation of records, public relations and fundamental principles of psychology and sociology.
- Participation in and successful completion of the field training program.
- Respond to calls for police service to all locations on the airport; make preliminary investigations of criminal offenses; assist citizens and passengers to minimize inconveniences; assist with lost and disabled vehicles; enforce airport code, traffic regulations and criminal violations; assist other Public Safety personnel.
- Enforce federal, state, and local laws, ordinances and resolutions, making arrests and issuing citations as appropriate.
- Investigate offenses, accidents and suspicious circumstances or persons, collect evidence, interview witnesses, and prepare reports.
- Deter persons who might engage in illegal activity through active visible patrols.
- Provide law enforcement support to the passenger and baggage screening process.
- Completion of 30 college hours from an accredited college or university.
- Received of an honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States after at least 24 months of active duty service.
- Holds a current Peace Officer license issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) with less than two (2) years of experience as a sworn full-time paid police officer; or
- Current licensed Peace Officer in another state with less than two (2) years of experience as a sworn full-time paid police officer.
- Twenty-one (21) years of age at date of application.
- United States citizen.