The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice focused on serving our community.
$33,113.60 – $39,894.40 Annually
1. Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of their own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
2. Screen telephone requests for information and/or assistance; set appointments.
3. Respond after hours to manage intake of large items, large quantities, or other items of evidence requiring special handling.
4. Compose, type and edit correspondence, reports and memos. Copy documents, some of which are confidential.
5. Research and copy video, photographs or other documents to fulfill subpoenas, prosecutor or Arkansas Freedom of Information Act requests or court orders.
6. Accountability for security and integrity of all items of found or evidentiary property for the Fayetteville Police Department and the Fourth Judicial District Drug Task Force.
7. Ensure an accurate chain of custody (both hard and electronic copies) that contains the signatures of all parties controlling the piece of property or evidence from intake to disposal.
8. Receive, store and discharge found property and evidentiary property by completing chain of custody documentation.
9. Maintain both the Quartermaster and supplies inventory. Receive requests, research pricing, request quotes and place orders for office supplies, uniforms and other equipment necessary for the daily operation of the Fayetteville Police Department.
10. Prepare and reconcile purchasing requests utilizing the City's p-card management system.
1. High School Diploma or GED and two (2) years of clerical experience. Knowledge of evidentiary practices and procedures desirable.
2. Valid Driver's License required.
3. Possess good judgment and good powers of observation and memory.
4. Must have the ability to maintain confidence of very sensitive and confidential information.
5. Be proficient and accurate with basic math, using addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, and/or calculating ratios, rates and percentages. Must have the ability to accurately count money and learn the weights and measures of narcotics.
6. Ability to work under considerable pressure with frequent interruptions and with occasional tight deadlines.
7. Must successfully pass background and credit checks.
8. Ability to obtain NCIC Level II certification.
9. Job subjects employee to random drug screening, as well as voice stress testing, polygraph testing, and/or drug screening for cause.
10. Ability to work independently without constant or direct supervision. Must be able to handle interruptions without making mistakes.
11. Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
12. Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software programs such as word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications. Must have the ability to become proficient in electronic document management system (EDMS) and police record software applications. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
13. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
14. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. Explosives may be submitted as evidence.