Entry Police Officer
Police Officer candidates will enjoy our professional and healthy work environment, dedicated resources for training and equipment, and career opportunities. Our Patrol Division offers a good balance of calls for service and case follow-up, which makes for a well-rounded officer.
$82,788.00 – $95,892.00 Annually
• Provide quality customer service to the community and internal department members as well as provides emergency aid, security and protection to the citizens of Redmond
• Patrol business and residential areas
• Respond to requests for information and assistance
• Investigate criminal activity
• Engage in long-term solution oriented activities which enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents
• Ensure the proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
• Provides formal and informal leadership on a daily basis and creates a positive work environment for organizational members.
• Pass the written exam and physical ability test administered by Public Safety Testing (PST).
• Initial screening based on PST test results and Physical History Statement (PHS).
• Must have completed 90 quarter or 60 semester hours of course work from an accredited college or university at the time of application.
• Be at least 21 years of age when the eligibility list is certified.
• Possess a valid Washington State Driver's license upon hire.
• United States citizenship is required or be lawful permanent resident.
• Successfully pass Redmond Police Department Background Investigation.