Entry Level Trainee or Experienced Police Officer
The New Castle Police Department is now accepting applications for an Entry Level Trainee or Experienced Police Officer.
We are seeking a Police Officer who can perform peace officer duties utilizing the community policing philosophy. The primary responsibility of this position is to preserve law and order; to protect life and property and enforce local, state, and federal laws and ordinances in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the New Castle Police Department; to create problem-solving relationships with the citizens using a thorough knowledge of the department’s community-oriented policing philosophy; and to respect the Town in a courteous, helpful and professional manner.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED); and P.O.S.T. certified or certifiable on applicant funding.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver license.
- Must pass a mandatory drug screening test.
- The applicant must be able to work a variety of rotating shifts to include day shifts, night shifts, and weekends.
- Applicant will be required to complete oral interviews, physical agility testing, drug screening and background check.
Compensation: Starting salary is $45,000 – $55,000, depending on qualifications and experience. Competitive Health insurance, vision and dental coverage are provided. Paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave; retirement benefits are also offered.