Entry Level Police Officer (Patrol)
Industry: Protective Service
Occupational Category: Law Enforcement
Salary: $41,432.98 Annually
Job Type: A2 – Full Time Civil Service
Job Number: P-2017
To patrol an assigned district in the City of Little Rock in order to enforce laws and ordinances.
$5,000 BONUS payable upon completion of Recruit Academy
Essential Job Functions
For a full list of essential job functions, visit the job description at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/littlerock/classspecs
To be considered for employment as a Police Officer with the Little Rock Police Department, applicants for entry-level Police positions must meet the following criteria established by the State of Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement, the State of Arkansas Civil Service Statutes, and the Little Rock Civil Service Rules and Regulations (list is not all inclusive):
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to be hired as a Police Officer.
- Be at least twenty and one-half (20-1/2) years of age on the written test date.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate; i.e., General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- No felony convictions.
- Be of good moral character.
- Acceptable vision (uncorrected visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye and must be correctable to 20/20 or better in each eye).
- Possess normal hearing and be free of any hearing defect in either ear which in the opinion of the physician would adversely affect performance of duty. Hearing may be considered normal when a whispered conversation can be heard at 15 feet.
- Applicants selected for and extended a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a medical (including vision and hearing evaluations), a drug / alcohol test, and a psychological evaluation before hire.
- Be a citizen of the United States at the time of hire.