DMV Law Enforcement Officer (Special Agent)
The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Law Enforcement Division is recruiting for 7 DMV Special Agents in the following geographical locations (Districts):
- Rocky Mount (Roanoke) (1 Position)
- Danville (Bristol) (1 Position)
- Lorton (Fairfax South) (1 Position)
- Norfolk (Portsmouth) (1 Position)
- VA Beach (Portsmouth) (1 Position)
- Manassas (Fairfax South) (1 Position)
- Arlington (Fairfax North) (1 Position)
Hiring Range $46,608 & $50,406 (Northern Virginia Only)
Job Close Date 08/10/2020
The Special Agent for will be responsible for conducting specialized and/or complex investigations. This position supports a broad spectrum of DMV services by ensuring the integrity of identification, licensing, and motor vehicle credentials issued to the public. Moreover, the position is responsible for administering and enforcing compliance with laws and regulations that protect consumers and those that promote a level playing field for licensees and entities regulated by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Must have current VA DCJS Law Enforcement certification.
- Considerable knowledge of the motor vehicle, tax/criminal laws of the Commonwealth and their application.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and explain and apply laws and procedures.
- Must be able to render credible testimony in a court of law as well as in any other forum required by job responsibilities.
- Ability to perform intricate analysis and reconstruct records/data flow and supply chain of transaction.
- PC Usage and automated file system performing advanced extraction/develop of case related data.
- Able to do complex investigations from beginning to successful conclusion.
- Ability to write reports that are thorough and able to present information in a professional manner based on the evidence.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check.
- High School or GED diploma.
- Previous investigative experience preferred.