Dispatcher, University Police Department
The University Police Dispatcher primarily oversees emergency communication with offices and the campus community and supervises student employees while resolving matters for walk-in customers.
- Serves as a communication liaison between field staff, outside agencies, and communication centers.
- Prepares detailed comments from general instructions.
- Receives and transmits routine and emergency telephone, pedestrian, and radio traffic.
- Dispatches and coordinates police, fire, medical, and animal control.
- Maintains and processes a variety of communications verbal, written, and electronic.
- Handles multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Schedules and manages student employees.
- Performs general clerical duties including typing, filing, record keeping, budgeting, maintenance of files, and receive, screen, and transfer calls.
- Attends and successfully completes all trainings and certification processes.
- Works independently.
- Conducts student staff meetings.
- Develops, facilitates, and leads training and continuing education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years of experience working in a customer service field.
- Skills: Computer literacy; human relations; organizational, ability to multi-task.