Detention Deputy / Corrections
Open Until Filled
- Performing security rounds during scheduled and unscheduled times.
- Creating and maintaining a cell block atmosphere conducive to respect of others.
- Enforcing disciplinary sanctions.
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries with inmates.
- Initiating and monitoring inmate movement; recognize abnormal or inappropriate behavior.
- Restraining unruly inmates using force and restraining devices using maneuvers as trained.
- Documenting incidents, movement, rounds and inmate discipline.
- Performing person, property, and facility searches.
- Operate department computer program; dictate and/or type reports.
- Communicate effectively and coherently with the public, staff, inmates and in court or other formal settings with approved facility communication devices.
- Attend and participate in shift briefings.
- Complying with all policies and procedures of the Hughes County Jail.
- Maintains the integrity, professionalism, values, and goals of the Sheriff’s Office by assuring all policies and procedures of the Hughes County Jail are followed, and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
- Required to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Education or experience in law enforcement or criminal justice preferred.
- Background check and pre-employment physical/drug screen before hire.
- Must be 20 years of age.
- Criminal History: No felony conviction, no misdemeanor convictions in the last 3 years.