DETENTION DEPUTY – Coeur d Alene, Idaho
SUMMARY: Detention Deputy – No degree required; paid certification training, quality on the job training, and on-going career training; special teams; strong team atmosphere; and advancement opportunities.
NOW SOME INFORMATION ON THE POSITION: The mission of the Jail is to hold safely and securely all prisoners lawfully committed to the custody of the Kootenai County Sheriff, and those delivered by competent authority to the jail. While in custody, prisoners shall be afforded all rights and privileges guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the State of Idaho.
- $20.78 – $27.76 per hour (includes the .50 shift differential)
- Extensive paid training, including the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST).
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 12.28% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month. Comprehensive benefits package.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Click here to view the full job description.
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Friday, July 30, 2021.
- The written and physical agility tests will be held on Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
- Oral board interviews will be held on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 for all applicants who pass both the written and physical agility tests.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED? No college degree required.
- Do you have at least 24 months of work experience?
- Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Click here check out the complete list of qualifiers
WE WELCOME LATERAL DEPUTIES AND CORRECTIONS OFFICERS: See website for details.
TO APPLY: All applicants must submit an application online and then successfully pass a written exam and physical agility test. A pre-employment drug test is required for all positions. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Polygraph Examination, Medical Evaluation and a Psychological Evaluation. https://www.kcgov.us/368/Hiring-Process
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace