Deputy Sheriff’s Cadet
Are you seeking an exciting and challenging career in law enforcement? The County of San Diego has immediate vacancies for Deputy Sheriff’s Cadet. Apply today for an opportunity to gain valuable skills necessary towards a rewarding career in law enforcement!
Cadets who successfully complete the 25-week Law Enforcement Academy will be promoted to the Deputy Sheriff classification. The base pay for a Deputy Sheriff is $66,543.10 – $110,455.80 annually.
The ideal candidate will possess the following desirable traits: communicates effectively, knowledge worker, customer-focused, values and respects others, drives to excel, teamwork and collaboration, continuous learning, demonstrates ethical behavior, and supportive of change.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- U.S. citizenship or status as a Resident Alien in the process of becoming a U.S. Citizen is required. (Section 81, San Diego County Administrative Code)
- Minimum age is 20.5 years of age at the time of application; minimum age 21 at the time of appointment. There is no maximum age limit.
- U.S. High School Graduate or G.E.D.; or a degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must have no felony convictions and must not be on probation; misdemeanor convictions may be disqualifying depending on number, type and recency.
- Valid picture I.D. such as military, driver’s license, state, or other photo identification issued by a regulatory agency.