Deputy Sheriff Trainee – Shift
$3,663.90 – $4,378.70 Monthly
Under general supervision, to attend structured training courses designed to qualify trainees for the position of Deputy Sheriff; to learn functions carried out by the Department; and in a non-sworn capacity to do related work as required.
Deputy Sheriff Trainee may be appointed for a period not to exceed 180 days. Upon successfully completing the P.O.S.T. Basic academy the trainee must qualify for appointment as a probationary Deputy Sheriff I or be terminated from the trainee position.
- Attends the P.O.S.T. Basic Peace Officers Academy, maintaining at least minimum levels of proficiency at all levels of training;
- Completes introduction and indoctrination training which may include assignments to various divisions within the Department performing duties as may be assigned by Division Commanders;
- Fulfills all requirements necessary for appointment to the position of Deputy Sheriff;
- May be required to work shifts work, including weekends and holidays;
- Assignments may include work in outlying County areas.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license may be required to obtain a Class II license.