Deputy Sheriff – Security
Salary Grade: 5 Base Pay: $17.88/hour
- Maintains security screening operations at public entrances via visual checks, walk-through metal detector, and hand-held metal detector devices.
- Performs a daily physical check of the interior and exterior of buildings.
- Responds to disturbances/security problems in and on County property.
- Interacts effectively with County employees and users of County facilities.
- Utilizes various office equipment and technology to maintain records and files.
- Resolves volatile situations in a professional manner.
- In the absence of RSVP volunteers, assists visitors with building information and directions.
- Assists in maintaining law and order.
- Performs other deputized duties as required during working hours.
High school diploma or equivalent plus additional law enforcement training. Be certified as a Deputy Sheriff for the State of PA (Act 2), be Act 120 certified (MPOETC), or be a former Pennsylvania State Police Trooper or former Act 120 certified police officer. If a former Pennsylvania State Police Trooper or Act 120 certified police officer, active status/certification must have been within the last three (3) years from County hire date.
Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.