Deputy Sheriff (Recruits)
$46,717.00 – $82,451.00 Annually
Performs technical level sheriff operations work under general supervision from a technical superior. Work includes serving civil and criminal papers; maintaining court room security; and maintaining security of and transporting prisoners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes and serves civil and criminal summons, from in and out of state.
- Transports prisoners as per court orders.
- Preserves order during court sessions and maintains court security.
- Enforces all Federal, State, and County laws.
- Levies and seizes property on judgment, and collects money and fees.
- Makes arrests on warrants and civil body attachments.
- Investigates domestic animal kills in the County.
- Works with various Local, State, and Federal officers in cooperative law enforcement efforts.
- Provides court ordered protection.
- Participate on extradition out of state with respect to prisoner transportation.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience.