Deputy Sheriff Recruit – Trainee
The County of Yolo is recruiting for the class of Deputy Sheriff Recruit-Trainee at the Yolo County Sheriff-Coroner-Public Administrator’s Office. This recruitment is being conducted to establish an eligible list that will be utilized should a position in this class become available.
$54,191.49 – $65,868.40 Annually
1/24/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
• Prevent crime, apprehend suspects, control traffic, and enforce criminal and civil laws and regulations;
• Conduct preliminary criminal and civil investigations;
• May assist in the guarding, control, and supervision of inmates at the detention facility while waiting to attend the law enforcement academy.
• Serve and administer various civil and criminal documents;
• Effect custody and insure safe storage of held property and evidence;
• Prepare incident, traffic, and daily activity reports.
• Observe assigned area for suspicious acts and unsafe conditions;
• Confer with appropriate parties in serving civil processes;
• Effect eviction and seize personal property ties;
• Perform other related duties as required.
(a) Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment.
(b) Must be a United States citizen.
(c) Graduation from high school or possession of G.E.D. certificate.
(d) Physical and Psychological requirements: Must be in good physical condition and must pass a thorough medical and psychological examination; meet State of California Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) vision and hearing requirements.