Deputy Sheriff, Recruit* (Entry-Level)
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on February 15, 2023.
Annual Pay Range: $56,603 – $62,436
Hourly Pay Range: $27.21 – $30.01
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
- Must be 21 years of age by the date of employment.
- Must be a United States citizen or be one within eighteen (18) months of hire.
- Must possess a high school diploma, GED certificate of high school equivalency, or a bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be free from criminal convictions other than minor traffic violations.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have fingerprints filed with the State.
- Must be legally able to possess a firearm.
- Visual and Hearing Acuity: Must meet the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training requirements as detailed in Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) 259-0080000.
- Must be able to be certified as a Civilian Police Officer/Deputy by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
- Must meet the Minimum Standards for Employment as a Law Enforcement Officer as provided for in Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs) 2590080010.
- Must meet the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office tattoo policy.
- Must successfully pass the Frontline exam through National Testing Network.
- Must successfully pass the Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT).
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test
- Must pass an extensive background investigation, including national fingerprint records check
- Must pass a post-offer physical assessment; accommodation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation
- Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver’s license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
- Knowledge of civil law and first aid.
- Knowledge of police practices and techniques of investigations.